Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Outer Banks 2009

We recently took a mini-vacation to the Outer Banks with my side of the family and had a great time! The Aldridge gang has been getting together for years now for these little "get aways", but this was the first chance we've had to be able to join them. It was wonderful to see everyone and just spend a few days relaxing. The extra help with Sarah was great too and allowed Steve & myself to get away and spend some time together. We actually celebrated our 6 year anniversary while we were down there with a nice quiet dinner on the water.

As for Sarah, she LOVED going to the beach with her Pappy...even if it was a little too cold to get in the water. She also started to enjoy the bike rides we took her on, especially when a trip to the ice cream shop was involved. :-) I'm happy to say too that she's becoming a champion puzzle worker which is a requirement for survival in the Aldridge family. My grandmother loves to work her puzzles and she seemed to hold court each day at the dining room table with the puzzle (or puzzles) of the day. :-) Mee Maw working her puzzles is one of my fondest childhood memories so it meant a lot to me to be able to spend some quiet time with her each day working on these and then to see Sarah doing it too really made me smile.

There are too many pictures to post everything we did, but I've added most of these to the slideshow on the right. Please take a minute to look at them if you'd like. Here are a few highlights though. Enjoy!




Yeah, that was some good ice cream!



I talked Steve into going crabbing with me on our anniversary and we actually caught a few! Here I am with two of my catches!



What a cutie! Here's Sarah geared up for her first bike ride into Duck.



The Gang!



Which way to the beach?



Working a puzzle with Mee Maw



Happy Anniversary Sweetie! :-)



Four Generations...Amazing!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Thanks for the pictures. I really enjoyed them. Steve was telling me about catching and eating the crabs. Looks like you all had a good time.