Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Emily at 6 Months

I'm a little behind with this post, but Emily turned 6 months old a week or so ago and I wanted to be sure to get her pictures up. I know everyone with children says this, but the last 6 months seem to have flown by for me and it's hard to believe how much she continues to change from day to day. The time with her seems to have gone by so much faster than with Sarah, but I guess that's what happens when life gets busy. I just hope I'm doing my best to capture and commit to memory this time with her.

Emily seems to be a very happy baby and is much more "smiley" than I remember Sarah being. She certainly has her moments, but for the most part she will smile at just about anyone and it lights up her entire face. She is now rolling over from her back to her belly and recently started doing the "log roll." :-) She can sit up with some assistance so I'm guessing it won't be long before she can sit on her own. Other milestones include starting to eat solid foods and an honest to goodness belly laugh. :-) This is my favorite because it is infectious and has everyone laughing before long. She loves to watch her big sister and Sarah is usually the one who can get her to laugh the most. They play this game where Sarah will try and startle or surprise her and Emily will just laugh and laugh. It's so sweet to watch them interact with each other even at this young age.

Below are a few pictures from our recent photo session. As you can imagine, it's getting harder and harder to get a good picture with her and the sign, but we did our best. Enjoy!


Emily with Mr. Ears the Bunny


Laughing Baby








"I love to be held...especially by Mom!"

4 comments:

Grams said...

What a doll. She really is a happy baby, but a little spoiled when it comes to being held. She does like to be held and rocked but one cannot give a baby too much love. Great pictures.

Pat Holt said...

What a happy, happy baby! Before you know it, she'll be walking!

Lorri said...

Too cute and I love the one where she is reaching out for the 6 month banner.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. Just lover to see her smile and hear her laugh.