Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Remembering...

Today I'm remembering my Mee Maw who lost her battle with cancer one year ago today. She was an amazing woman and someone who touched my life like few have so I wanted to share a picture of her that I have come to cherish. My grandmother loved colors...the more vibrant the better...and she was so happy when she created her own bottle tree in the backyard. She could see it from the kitchen window or while sitting on the back porch and loved it when the sun hit the bottles just right. Every now and then I'll pass a house with a bottle tree in the yard and I smile to myself and think of her.

Today is sad for me because I'm reminded of her loss, but I also want to remember the wonderful times we spent together and the memories I have of her. I know she's watching over us from above just as I know they day when come when we'll see each other again and this knowledge brings me an amazing sense of peace.

2 comments:

Pat Holt said...

What a nice remembrance of your grandmother. I remember meeting her at your wedding, and I remember how truly special she was.

Grandma said...

i remember your grandmother as a very happy person and a very nice person She was so friendly