Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A conversation with Sarah

The following is a conversation Sarah & I had on the way home from school today. I was telling her that I had to take the Dynamic Duo (Bo & Luke) in for a check-up tomorrow so they would stay healthy and be with us for a long time.

Me: "It's important for them to have check-ups, just like we do, so they will be healthy."

Sarah: "When I grow up, I'm going to be a doctor so I can end cancer."

Me: "Wow! You're going to cure cancer? That's wonderful!"

Sarah: "Yeah, and do you know what I'm going to do with the money I make when I cure it?"

Me: "No, what are you going to do with the money?"

Sarah: "Well, I'm going to save half of it (that's my girl!) and with the rest of it I'm going to buy toys for me and Emily. I'll also buy you a latte and Daddy a steak...or maybe some ribs or chicken fingers. He really likes those things."

I should also note that further into the conversation she mentioned having a house close to ours and doing her own grocery shopping. :-)

3 comments:

Grams said...

Wow! Some pretty deep discussions. I hope she cures cancer, but we are going to have to talk about the benefits for you and Daddy, "a latte", just one? At least Daddy gets some meat :)

Grams said...

Wow! Some pretty deep discussions. I hope she cures cancer, but we are going to have to talk about the benefits for you and Daddy, "a latte", just one? At least Daddy gets some meat :)

Anonymous said...

A cure for cancer AND a latte and steak for Mommy and Daddy. That's even better than a hot dog at the game AND a big win for Notre Dame.