Saturday, March 5, 2011

Emily Goes Swimming

Today was Emily's first swimming lesson and she loved it! She had the best time splashing and playing in the water and didn't even mind when I took her all the way under. It probably helped that the small pool where they do the lessons is heated, but to be honest, I was pretty happy about that fact too. :-) Here's hoping she's a water bug like her sister.


Waiting for our lesson to start.


Getting a feel for the water.




Not much "kicking" was being done at this point, but she still had fun.


Just relaxing. She really seemed to enjoy floating on her back.


Because this class is for 6-36 month old kiddos, we're actually in the class with our good friends the Kinnucans and their little girl Violet. Violet is adorable but she is a bit of a tough nut to crack. I think I'm starting to break through though since she finally gave me a few smiles and even wanted to sit in my lap! :-) Below is one of the smiles she gave me while we were waiting for our class to start.



I had to include the picture below because I absolutely LOVE Violet's expression. Too cute!!



Also, be sure to check back soon for pictures of Sarahpalooza...the week long celebration of Sarah's 4th Birthday!! :-)

2 comments:

Pat Holt said...

Another good swimmer in the family -- that's great! Can't wait to swim with both the girls this July!

Grams said...

Hooray the trifecta of water baby granddaughters. I really LOVED the first picture of Emily. I think that is the cutest picture I have seen so far. She seemed very relaxed and enjoying the sense of floating. Great job Kelly and Emily.