Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's Official...I'm a Soccer Mom!

Hi there! Remember me? :-) I'm sorry it's been so long since I last posted, but now that we're officially back in the Hoosier state, I promise to do better. Or at least try and do better. :-) Be sure to stay tuned for more detailed posts about our summer and all of the fun things we did, but for now I wanted to share today's big excitement! :-)

Sarah had her first soccer game this morning and I honestly don't know who was more excited...me or her! I've never seen her this excited about any activity we've tried her in so I'm hopeful this one might have some staying power. She's had two practices leading up to today's game which she's loved and she couldn't wait to get to the field this morning. I'm sure it helps that a few of her friends from school are on her team, but whatever it takes to keep her interested and excited is fine with me.

We actually had a cute conversation while I was helping her on with all of her gear before the game. It went like this...

Sarah: Mommy, will you watch me play?

Me: Well of course I'm going to watch you play. I can't wait!

Sarah: No, I mean will you watch me play soccer one day on TV?

Me: Oh. Are you going to be playing soccer on TV one day?

Sarah: Yeah. Will you watch me kick the ball into the net on TV?

Me: Yeah honey, I wouldn't miss it! :-)

I'm happy to report that the game itself went much better than I had expected. They played on a much smaller field than normal with much smaller goals too. They also played 4 on 4 which was great because it allowed each child to really see and understand what was going on. This of course was much better than the "gaggle of girls" I had expected to see running around the field chasing after the ball. :-)

The other big highlight of the morning was Sarah's first goal! She was so excited and her face lit up as she ran over to give me a big hug! She was so proud of herself and has told everyone she's seen today about her big goal. So cute!

Here are some pictures of her big day!


Before the game...


Warming up...


Action shot...



Cute pic, right? Too bad she stopped to pose for it while she was playing! :-)


Good game!

4 comments:

Grams said...

Congratulations Sarah!! Hopefully you will score many more goals and become a soccer lover like you Dad.I am looking forward to seeing you play next time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A goal in her first game. That's great. And she looks so cute in her soccer uniform. Can't wait to see her play a game.......and see her on TV of course.

Pat Holt said...

Congrats to you both -- being a soccer Mom is also a big accomplishment. Sarah looks so professional in all her gear and to score a goal in her very first game -- that's something she'll never forget. And I do hope to see her someday playing soccer on TV. You go girl!

Grandma said...

I'm so proud of you, scoring your first goal. You look so nice in your soccer uniform. Can't wait to see you play a game.